Written By: Coach Jeremy Williams
“When you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week or a month from now — just think about one day at a time. If you are worried about the mountain in the distance, you might trip over the molehill right in front of you. Win the day!” – Drew Brees
One of the greatest challenges I see with business owners is the lack of intention to win the day. What would happen if you focused on “one day at a time”? What if you got more intentional on how you used your day? Stop getting overly concerned about the road ahead.
The only time I have my clients look out into the future is when they are establishing goals. Once set, everything is worked backwards to what needs to happen today. That is all that matters. Today.
How do you win today?
1. You establish a bedtime.
2. You establish a time to wake up.
3. The rocks that can’t move for the day are on your calendar.
4. You schedule time with those you love.
5. You schedule time for self improvement.
6. You schedule time for fitness and nutrition.
6. You schedule time for the business activities that need to happen today to move your business forward.
Win the day, and like in all things, the small daily wins will build over time and turn into big wins and legacies. You ask most successful people how they go to their level of success, and they often say, one day at a time.
Now stop procrastinating and looking down the road, and start winning the day!